The Edible Bowl
This spaghetti is so good, that your family will want to eat the entire bowl.
Good thing this bowl is edible!
Most of the time, I will mix 1/2 gluten-free spaghetti pasta (I buy here) with spaghetti squash for the kids.
But, this time, they were so excited about their personal size spaghetti squash bowl that they didn’t even ask for anything else.
Healthy Eating Made FUN
I’m here to help you make eating healthy different, FUN and EASY FOR YOU!
Sugar-Free Spaghetti Sauce
Spaghetti sauce, even the organic ones, can have a ton of hidden sugar in them.
It’s one of the 5 Foods That Can Sabotage Your Diet
Did you know? Tomatoes can be many other colors besides red, including yellow, orange, green and purple. The modern tomato was developed in Mexico, where it was called “tomatil”. Tomatoes contain lycopene is a potent antioxidant and can eliminate damaging free radicals in the body’s tissues, in addition to increasing production of the body’s own antioxidant enzymes. – Health Benefits of Tomatoes
To save time, make a double batch of your favorite spaghetti sauce and freeze it.
Spaghetti Squash Bowls
You can find spaghetti squash at your local market or farmer’s market.
Besides spaghetti squash being gluten free, swapping it for pasta is one of the EASIEST ways to get your family to eat more veggies.
The best spaghetti squash possesses a deep yellow color. Spaghetti squash is also rich in the B vitamins riboflavin, niacin, and thiamin, which promote optimal cellular function. –What Is Spaghetti Squash Good For?
Bake your small spaghetti squash (like this) and let the kids make food magic by scraping it with a fork.
Getting your kid’s involved in the kitchen makes them more interested in eating healthier.
It’s one of the 5 Shocking Tips that will finally get your kids eating healthy.
Another Easy Way to Eat More Veggies
A store bought pasta sauce won’t have as many (if any) “hidden veggies” in them as my recipes do for you.
The carrots and bell pepper will add a “natural” sweetness to the sauce too.
Mark this spaghetti sauce recipe as a favorite in your HealthyFamilyMealPlans software system and have it calculate double or triple batches and shopping lists for you.
My kids scraped this spaghetti squash, put their sauce on it and practically ate the whole bowl.
I say “practically” because this turns out to be A LOT of food!
And the great thing is that no one in your family will feel hungry 2 hours later – like when you eat regular pasta.
How do you like the small personal size Spaghetti “pasta” bowl? Will you try it soon?
I’m addicted to cooking real foods and shopping locally at Farmer’s Markets.I am a health revolutionary who is writing this blog with a desire to “pay it forward in health”.This desire stems from love and my pursuit to make a difference in people’s health and wellbeing”.
I am a certified Transformational Nutrition Coach that helps women discover their healthy lifestyle that finally works so that they can transform into the healthy sexy and confident woman they want, and are meant to be.
1. Many of the links on this site are affiliate links which means that we get a small commission should you purchase something upon clicking on the link. This has no impact on your cost. For this, I thank you very much for helping us to keep this site free of ads. Of course, we wouldn't recommend anything unless we wholeheartedly believed in it.
2. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.
Latest posts by Elaine De Santos (see all)
- SO Sweet Potato Noodles!Citrus Glazed Meatballs with Crispy Sweet Potato Noodles - December 6, 2016
- How To Use Turkey Leftovers and Detox at The Same Time! Pickled Turkey Sliders - November 29, 2016
- The Bone Broth Soup Your Kids WILL Eat!Roasted Rosemary Chicken Soup - November 28, 2016