There’s a NEW 100% veggie noodle your kids will eat and is WAY better on your waistline than traditional spaghetti nights.
Has your family eaten “oodles of zoodles” and you think it’s time for change? Mine does 😉
Or did the zucchini noodles “zoodle’ thing never catch on in your home?
Then, you gotta try sweet potato noodles!
Sweet Potato Noodles
Sweet potatoes are sweet, filling and good for you.
Sweet potatoes are an excellent swap for white potatoes and pasta because they are a low glycemic food that releases sugar slowly into the blood stream instead of quickly spiking your blood sugar levels and turning those white potatoes and white pasta into sugar that quickly turns into unwanted fat.
Eating sweet potatoes can greatly enhance the health of your skin due to the high content of beta-carotene, which helps convert vitamin A in your body that triggers DNA responsible to produce new skin cells. Ever wonder why most of your skincare products have retinoic acid and retinol in them? – Sweet Potato Nutrition Facts and Benefits
The vegetable spiralizer I use to make these noodles is this one and it’s been the BEST $20 I’ve ever spent on a kitchen tool.
If you absolutely have no more kitchen cupboard space, I like this super small hand held one too.
The ginger I used was fresh, but the recipe calls for powder.
The Simply Organic spices I usually use are found for the best price here.
Easy to Make Meatballs
These meatballs are easy to make and cooked faster in my new Le Creuset pan. Yipee!
Le Cruset or not, these meatballs are made in minutes and are sweet without the sugar.
The meatballs are sweetly glazed with coconut aminos (the best allergy free alternative to soy sauce because it’s soy free and gluten free) and with some fresh squeezed orange juice.
Best place and best price to buy coconut aminos and have it delivered to your door is here.
Making a sweet glaze without the sugar was sweet and easy and made this dish a little fancy without all the work.
When I was cooking these sweet noodles, I remembered that this recipe time can be cut down even more if you bought sweet potatoes that were already spiralized for you.
I saw these done for you at Whole Foods Market and it might be worth it to check your local store.
This Citrus Glazed Meatballs and Crispy Sweet Potato noodles sound fancy, taste fancy but the kids loved it so much they took leftovers for lunch the next day.
Want more low carb high protein family favorite meals? Download my 7-day Meal Plans HERE
Have you tried Sweet Potato Noodles? Will you give these a try?
I’m addicted to cooking real foods and shopping locally at Farmer’s Markets.I am a health revolutionary who is writing this blog with a desire to “pay it forward in health”.This desire stems from love and my pursuit to make a difference in people’s health and wellbeing”.
I am a certified Transformational Nutrition Coach that helps women discover their healthy lifestyle that finally works so that they can transform into the healthy sexy and confident woman they want, and are meant to be.
1. Many of the links on this site are affiliate links which means that we get a small commission should you purchase something upon clicking on the link. This has no impact on your cost. For this, I thank you very much for helping us to keep this site free of ads. Of course, we wouldn't recommend anything unless we wholeheartedly believed in it.
2. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.
Latest posts by Elaine De Santos (see all)
- SO Sweet Potato Noodles!Citrus Glazed Meatballs with Crispy Sweet Potato Noodles - December 6, 2016
- How To Use Turkey Leftovers and Detox at The Same Time! Pickled Turkey Sliders - November 29, 2016
- The Bone Broth Soup Your Kids WILL Eat!Roasted Rosemary Chicken Soup - November 28, 2016