Too Hot In The Kitchen
When It’s too hot to cook in your kitchen, grill up some protein and stick with eating salads.
Dress your salad with less because practically all dressings are loaded with preservatives and sugar.
But doesn’t eating dry salad sounds like torture?
The good thing is that salad needs to be drizzled with a healthy fat so that your body can absorb more of the vitamins from the salad greens.
Making your own salad dressing is the best way to go.
This Tomato Vinaigrette recipe is quick and easy to make and has no preservatives and less sugar than what you find on the grocery shelves.
Balsamic Vinegar (I got it here) makes this dressing sweet without all the sugar.
This salad calls for a cup of tomatoes, but have a little fun and add the rest.
Especially if you get a small 10 oz box like I did from Trader Joe’s.
The great thing about cooking is that recipes do not always have to be followed to the “T”.
Experiment and have fun!
This recipe calls for 2 pounds of mushrooms so instead of buying a bunch of small boxes, I found one big organic box of mushrooms at Costco.
And since I was already there, I went ahead and got a big box of organic spinach for a super deal there too.
One dietary analysis found that mushroom consumption was associated with better diet quality and improved nutrition. Consuming dried white button mushroom extract was found to be as effective as taking supplemental vitamin D2 or D3 for increasing vitamin D levels. – The Health Benefits of Mushroom Consumption
Just grilling one of your salad ingredients, like the mushrooms in this recipe, add a sweet caramelized flavor to your salad without the sugar.
Not being willing to lose my mushrooms to the grill, I used a basket to grill them (like this one).
It’s SO COOL and you can use it for fish and all kinds of veggies.
Any of my salad recipes can keep you cool in the kitchen because you can make them as a meal or they can be a fun and new side dish.
You don’t always have to add the meat or even grill the mushrooms.
Save this “clean and cool” salad dressing recipe because it can dress up any of your future salads without all the sugar.
How hot is it in your neighborhood right now?
Stay cool and tell me when you plan to make this recipe…?
I’m addicted to cooking real foods and shopping locally at Farmer’s Markets.I am a health revolutionary who is writing this blog with a desire to “pay it forward in health”.This desire stems from love and my pursuit to make a difference in people’s health and wellbeing”.
I am a certified Transformational Nutrition Coach that helps women discover their healthy lifestyle that finally works so that they can transform into the healthy sexy and confident woman they want, and are meant to be.
1. Many of the links on this site are affiliate links which means that we get a small commission should you purchase something upon clicking on the link. This has no impact on your cost. For this, I thank you very much for helping us to keep this site free of ads. Of course, we wouldn't recommend anything unless we wholeheartedly believed in it.
2. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.
Latest posts by Elaine De Santos (see all)
- SO Sweet Potato Noodles!Citrus Glazed Meatballs with Crispy Sweet Potato Noodles - December 6, 2016
- How To Use Turkey Leftovers and Detox at The Same Time! Pickled Turkey Sliders - November 29, 2016
- The Bone Broth Soup Your Kids WILL Eat!Roasted Rosemary Chicken Soup - November 28, 2016