Back to Cool!
Back to School is a great time to make a fresh start.
Having healthy slow cooker meals organized and ready to go is the easiest way to deal with back to school dinners while keeping your cool.
This new recipe is fresh, tastes light like an endless summer and is filled with veggies so that everyone’s brain and bodies are “Back to School” ready!
Avoid those School Germs!
Back to School can also mean back to sniffles and germs that your kids bring home.
That’s why I make this soup with bone broth instead of just chicken broth.
There’s a reason that it’s prescribed by doctors and mothers alike when you’re feeling under the weather. All bone broths — beef, chicken, fish, lamb and more — are staples in the traditional diets of every culture and the basis of all fine cuisine. That’s because bone broths are nutrient-dense, easy to digest, rich in flavor and they boost healing. –Bone Broth Benefits for Digestion, Arthritis, and Cellulite
But, do try it in as many recipes as possible to fight those germs.
I make bone broth and freeze it for when I need it.
Onions are germ fighting!
The onions in this recipe are here to help, so don’t skip them. – Onion Power by Dr. Mercola
Vegetables are germ fighting!
This recipe has a whole head of cauliflower which is a detoxing “power house”, just in case your family does get sick.
And we know that kale is king when it comes to vitamins and nutrients.
But, we don’t always have good ways to add kale without our kids really noticing the taste.
Well, this recipe solves all of this for YOU.
Time Saving Tip:
Back to school nights can be too busy to cook, so prep what you need to on the weekends and ask your kids to help.
Just keep an eye on your helpers… they might eat the food you’re prepping.
My helper was caught on camera!
Good thing I used cooked shrimp in this recipe.
Save even more time, and put cooked and frozen shrimp in this slow cooker recipe (like I did). No defrosting needed.
Need more Back to School slow cooker recipes?
I put at least 1 new slow cooker recipe in our Heathy Family Meal Plans system every single week.
You star your favorites in our system so that you can make them week after week while rotating in new recipes so that your family never gets bored and you don’t have to ever lose your cool about making dinner.
What’s your favorite slow cooker recipe?
I’m addicted to cooking real foods and shopping locally at Farmer’s Markets.I am a health revolutionary who is writing this blog with a desire to “pay it forward in health”.This desire stems from love and my pursuit to make a difference in people’s health and wellbeing”.
I am a certified Transformational Nutrition Coach that helps women discover their healthy lifestyle that finally works so that they can transform into the healthy sexy and confident woman they want, and are meant to be.
1. Many of the links on this site are affiliate links which means that we get a small commission should you purchase something upon clicking on the link. This has no impact on your cost. For this, I thank you very much for helping us to keep this site free of ads. Of course, we wouldn't recommend anything unless we wholeheartedly believed in it.
2. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.
Latest posts by Elaine De Santos (see all)
- SO Sweet Potato Noodles!Citrus Glazed Meatballs with Crispy Sweet Potato Noodles - December 6, 2016
- How To Use Turkey Leftovers and Detox at The Same Time! Pickled Turkey Sliders - November 29, 2016
- The Bone Broth Soup Your Kids WILL Eat!Roasted Rosemary Chicken Soup - November 28, 2016